Garnet Elderberry Cranberry Tart
If you are a fan of lemon tart, you will love this bountiful, eye-catching Garnet Elderberry Cranberry Tart. Deep-red garnet color with a silky smooth texture, this tart is worthy of licking off the spatula! Made with our Suncore Foods® Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder, and packed with sweet & tangy cranberries! It is so divine and just in time for Christmas stunning memorable treat!
2 1/2 (300g) cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup (56g) almond meal
1/2 cup (70g) powdered sugar
180g cold dairy free butter in small pieces
1/2 - 1 tbsp (7g-14g) cold almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries, rinsed
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar of choice
1 can (400ml) coconut milk
2 tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbsp water)
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Garnet Elderberry Supercolor Powder
1 tsp agar agar powder
1. Crust — Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 28cm tart pan. Set aside. In a food processor, add crust ingredients pulse until combined and dough ball forms. Roll out dough, then place gently into tart pan. Firmly press mixture into the tart pan with your hands, press into bottom and up the sides of tart pan. (Chill the dough if it gets too warm) Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow tart to cool in pan.
2. In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, water, sugar. Set over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat medium-low.
3. Let simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have burst and sauce has reduced slightly.
4. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press out the juice.
5. In a saucepan, add the coconut milk ,cranberry syrup and cook on a medium heat, with constant stirring for 1 minute. Add agar-agar and mix until completely dissolved. Whisk in cornstarch. Let simmer for 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the crust, refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.