Aqua Blue Spirulina Mini Sea Shell Madeleines
These oh-so-delicious Blue & White Sea Shell Madeleines are brimmed with plant-based goodness and the perfect sweet treat to ring in the New Year! Whether you are throwing a small dinner party or having cookie exchange with friends and family, these madeleines will surely be a hit. Each bite sets to delight dessert lovers as they enjoy the sweet chocolaty cookies infused with tangy lemon zest with a pop of natural gentle blue color & abundant nutritional value into the mix from our Suncore Foods® Organic Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder—there's so much to fall in love with.
160g all-purpose flour
2 tbsp soy milk
2 ½ tbsp flax meal
¼ cup hot water
2 tbsp plain plant-based yogurt
150g cane sugar
125g melted plant-based butter
1 lemon (for zest)
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Organic Aqua Blue Spirulina Supercolor Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Prep your mad-pan by greasing it with coconut oil.
3. Coat your pan with flour and set aside.
4. Stir flax meal into hot water (for 30 seconds).
5. Let this mixture rest for 1 min.
6. Strain your flax mixture to separate the grainy strong flavor of flax seeds.
7. Before adding the flour and milk, combine the remaining ingredients with the flax mixture.
8. Gradually add flour while you stir the batter.
9. Pour the milk and continue mixing.
10. The final batter should be slightly stiff.
11. Pour your batter into the Madeleine pans (only fill ¾ of each mold).
12. Bake 350°F for 7 mins.
13. Reduce heat to 250 °F and bake for another 8 mins.
14. Turn off the heat in the oven.
15. Keep your madeleines in the oven for 20 more minutes.
16. Transfer them onto a wire rack to let them cool.
17. Dip them in colored white and blue chocolate ganache before assembling the wreath.